Monday, August 18, 2008

Real Bananas...

We have started introducing finger food to Emory, she has been loving cheerios so we thought she would really enjoy feeding herself bananas. Nope. It's safe to say she hates real bananas. I don't know if it's a texture thing, taste, or the smell but she was not a fan. Let us show you how things went...


"These aren't my cheerios..."
"No thank you!"


Getting a good picture of Emory's tooth has been VERY difficult. You can only see her tooth with a really big grin or when she cries and it seems we miss the opportunity all the time. Here are two pictures that if you look closely you might be able to see it. We will keep trying!


Two weekends ago my friends from high school, Jenny and Traci, came to Dallas for a visit. Jenny has a little girl named Abby who is 3 days older than Emory. I didn't use my camera much but here is a picture of the girls playing. We all stayed together at our friend Sarah's house and it was a great girls weekend (including the addition of our daughters). Abby was a very good girl and would go to bed on time, while Emory who supposedly is getting her second tooth, and is starting the separation anxiety phase decided to take hours to fall asleep. At one point she won and I brought her back out to the other room with us. I guess she was very happy not to be sleeping and Jenny started tickling her, which she thought was hilarious. Needless to say we stayed at our house the next night.

2 comments:

Donald and Angela said...

Emmy, that's the best laugh yet. You are too cute. And, I hate bananas too, so no worries.

Anonymous said...

Enory, You have the cutest little
giggle, you are just a bundle of
joy sent to us from God. God Bless
you , Emory Jane! love grandma zz