Monday, October 5, 2009

Trip to Omaha...

We took a quick trip to Omaha to visit all the grandparents about a week ago and Emory had a great time. She kept her grandparents very busy that weekend and dad and mom got to rest. This is going to be ALOT of pictures...

The first place we visited was the Omaha zoo. It is an amazing zoo that constantly is building new exhibits. The last time I went to the zoo was a summer when Grant and I were dating while I was still at Baylor, needless to say it had changed so much.

Here is Emory's favorite new skill, hanging from anything.
The girls enjoying some ice cream.
Then next day, we took Emory to a beautiful park. The weather was unbelievable and it made me miss the fall in Nebraska.
Swinging with Grandpa.
The following day, we took Emory to Chucky Cheese for the first time. It was super clean, and not busy which is the exact opposite of what I thought it would have been. Emory loved the characters who dance on stage and sing which I always thought were odd.Our last full day in Omaha included a trip to the pumpkin patch that I LOVED growing up. I am sure that it has more to do with the season than the actually pumpkin patch, but it did not disappoint!Going through the bunny village.

Emory found the tricycles, of course. There was some kicking and screaming to leave this.Going on a train ride, then she had her first pony ride.

Playing with the tractor.I think Emory loves the pumpkin patch as much as her mommy!We were also very lucky that great-grandma Shirley was able to come down for a visit. The first night Emory saw her she took her books and toys and played right next to her. Emory was very good about giving everyone kissed before naps and bedtime.
Grant and I even got a date night.
Here is the best airplane distraction. We normally give Emory slices of apple, but I was just going to bite off pieces and give them to her while we were flying, but she asked for the whole thing and it kept her busy for at least 30 minutes! Look at her tiny bites.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Grant, Chelle, & Emory,
We had a great time with you all
it was fun having you back in Omaha
It will have to be an annual event.
love G&G ZZ

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donald and Angela said...

Such sweet pictures! I love the pony ride - and the orange headband. Too cute.