We kept the birthday celebrations low key this year. Grant's birthday was on Thursday so I surprised him with Sprinkles cupcakes at work and cooked whatever he wanted for dinner. My birthday was Saturday and we went to breakfast then took a trip to Cosco (yes, that was my idea) to see if there was still a wreath I wanted, no such luck. After Emmy's nap we went to a nice dinner at Maggianos. I think Grant did a much better job for me this year than I did for him. One of my favorite things about Saturday was that it was cold here. Both our parents told us about the snow in Omaha, but I was just happy to wear my boots and dress cozy. Emmy even got to wear her new hat.
Even though we didn't do much for our birthday's, it was a hectic weekend. We are trying potty training! No success as of yet, but we are not ready to give up just yet. Emory wants everyone to know she is taking potty training and big girl panties thing very seriously.... as you can see.


One thing we did get done was putting baby boy's crib together! Emmy was a very good helper, including having a little accident on the crib instructions. 
3 comments:
hi dess fam,
we're officially "de-lurking" ourselves...we have the "other" emory that you may have heard of through mutual friends. i think we were at baylor at the same time--we graduated in '01. our emory was born in march of '08. ...and, jeff and i also have october birthdays just days apart. we celebrated mine on sunday, and his is tomorrow. i love reading about your fam and seeing all the things that our emory will learn to do. you're welcome to read about our fam though we don't update as much as you do!
the crownovers
Happy Birthdays!
I can't believe you are potty training Emory. It is not that she is too young because we were doing it with Katherine at this age but because it means that it will be Caroline's turn soon and I am not looking forward to it!
Happy Birthday, Dess family! Can't wait to hear more about the weekend - BIG time stuff!
Post a Comment