Saturday, March 1, 2008

New Friend, New Toy, New Sound...

This week we were invited to dinner at Chelle's friend Sarah's house. Emmy met a very nice boy named Beau Loyd. He is 6 weeks older than Emmy and showed her all sorts of things she was going to do soon. He holds up his head, can suck his thumb and eats rice cereal. His parents Eric and Sally let Beau get a closer look at the other baby, lets just say he likes blondes. He was very impressed with our little lady. Emmy also got to start using her bumbo this week. She doesn't last that long holding up her own head but its enough to give her a different view of the world.
We have a squealer!!! She has found her voice and is starting to let us know when she is happy. We love it, even when she's in her crib supposed to be sleeping and she keeps squealing. It's fun to have a glimpse to what her voice is going to be like.

My friend Angela tagged me this past week, and I decided it was time to actually do it. For those of you who don't know it's where you answer questions about yourself and pass it along. My other friend Kristi had tagged me twice and I never got around to doing it (sorry). So here it is...

10 years ago:

  • I was finishing my junior year in high school and most of my time was spent hanging out with my friends and cheer leading. Believe it or not I was a cheer leader! I was also involved with my church youth group and I didn't really work much in high school. It just got in the way I guess.

Things on my to-do list:

  • Laundry. I don't know how Emmy goes through so many clothes but at least they are cute and I don't mind washing them.
  • Thank You cards. Still trying to catch up from everyone being so nice.
  • Cleaning the house. Yikes we have gotten extra sloppy since Emmy was born.
What I would do if I suddenly became a billionaire:
  • Have Grant stop working so we could both stay at home with baby. That would be such a wonderful life.
  • Buy a bigger house with in-law suites so that grandparents could visit whenever.
  • Pay for Crown Ministry to be given at every church.
Three of my bad habits are:
  • Worrying
  • Over planning
  • Worrying about my over planning

Five jobs I've had before now:
  • I was a NICU nurse (pre-mature babies).
  • The worst job of my life that I worked was putting price stickers on merchandise in a non-air conditioned warehouse during the summer in Kansas. Wow, nothing in that sentence sounds good. I would go home and blow my nose and it would be black from all the dirt and dust. Probably took 5 years off my life.
  • I worked as a secretary at the Academic Advisement office at Baylor. Basically scheduled appointments and did homework.
  • For one summer I worked as a temp. I worked in a bunch of different places from a paper factory at night to the biggest bank in Omaha and a radio station.
  • I worked at Ford Motor Credit, answering calls about car loans. Can you imagine a high school student deciding whether or not you got an extension on your car loan??

Five things people don't know about me:
  • I was on the dean's list in college. (not really, they put my name on it by mistake not once but TWICE)
  • I never had the chicken pox.
  • I have eaten kangaroo.
  • Me and my group of friends from high school had a dance routine to "I Want it That Way" by the Back Street Boys. We had costumes and designated parts in the song. No I will not perform it for you.
  • My favorite movie is Andromeda Strain, you might have watched it in 7th grade science class but if not watch it sometime.
Thats about it for my "tag" session. I would like to tag Traci D and Courtney C. Have fun girls.

2 comments:

Donald and Angela said...

Now, I bet that if you got enough people begging you to bring back "I want it that way" - you would do it. So...what backstreet boy were you??

I can't wait to hear the squealing!! Very, very cute.

The Davies said...

I think we've publicly humiliated ourselves enough at weddings with the "I want it that way" routine. I am glad you are unwilling to perform it at this point.

I will do the questionare on the blog after Judd gets home (in two weeks!) so i don't steal his Africa blog thunder!