Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh, The Sweet Words Of My Child...

Emory has been into praying lately. She goes through phases where it is a must to say her prays before her nap and bedtime, which obviously we don't mind. We have a process:

Emory: "Mommy, let's pray"
Me: "Ok Em, you start"
Emory:  eyes closed, hands together "Dear God"
Me: "Dear God we thank you for Emory being a big girl and on......"
Emory waits for me to finish my prayer and then adds whatever else she wants to pray for. Most common prayers are for uncle Ryan, aunt Jenny, Ella Grace, Jonas and Tricia, Owen, Brady, baby Rhett, Carson, Caden and whatever toy she was playing with before going to bed.

But today was the sweetest prayer....

Emory: "Thank you God for our broken house"

Wow, that gave me a lump in my throat. Yes God, thank you for our broken house. I forget to be thankful for the house with all the added decisions and time that take up my day. I find it easier to gripe than to praise. But I need to remember that God gave us the house, God protected us to get out of the fire safely, God provided family and friends to help us, and God is allowing us to do things we never imagined we would be able to do.

Zechariah 13:9,
And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, "They are my people"; and they will say "The Lord is my God."

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a sweet girl:)

Donald and Angela said...

Oh, Em. What precious words. That'll be a precious memory!!

P.S. That shirt that she is wearing at northpark in the previous post is stinkin' cute!!

Anonymous said...

hi chelle, Your children will teach you what is most important
in life. that was the neatest
story. I used to say You broke
my feelings instead of you hurt my
feelings. Yeah the tooth finally
appeared Gabe! love mom