Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer Is Here...

I think the 90+ degree days are telling me that summer is here. No matter how much I wish for cooler weather and complain, I can't keep the heat away. As I mentioned earlier, Emory is now on summer break from her Mother's day out program, and we are finding things to keep us busy.

Emory has started to enjoy playing dress up. We have 3 pair of play shoes (all heels), some tutus, jewelry and purses. Here she is giving me a sweet smile with her hand on her cheek.
We are hanging out with friends much more now. Emory's friend Ryan invited us over for a swim in her kiddie pool. Not just a small kiddie size pool, but the deluxe pool. It was wonderful and after being terrified at first Emory was playing. Never putting her head under though. The two girls both have younger brothers who just have to chill while the girls play. I love Zane just floating along and Gabe fell asleep in the carrier.
Some after swimming swinging! Emory loves playing with Ryan and she had such a good time in her pool.

Gabe had his 4 month check up this past week. I thought I scheduled it when Emory still had school, but no such luck. I didn't like the idea of her being there when Gabe had to get shots but I told her many times that Gabe was going to cry and get boo boos, but he would be ok.
Gabe is now 14 lbs 11 oz (50%) and 24 3/4 inches (50%). His head circumference was 42 (50%). I told Grant he is our perfectly average baby right now.
The scary doctor's office is no match for Gabe's little tiger lovie.
Emory was such a good big sister. She was very well behaved and kept herself busy with a toy that she hasn't played with in awhile. I also bribed her with a treat if she was good. I am not above bribery! So we ended up at Sonic for some ice cream.

No comments: