Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Day of School...

Well sort of. Emory started a mother's day out program at a church in our neighborhood and I could not be more excited. We got the call on Monday that there was a spot for us at a church close to us and we jumped at the chance. Tuesday we meet her teachers and since then I have been scrambling to get all her supplies together. Here is my attempt at the "first day of school" picture.
Thursday morning we arrived and she walked into the room with no regard for where her mommy was. I got a report card at the end of the day and they said she was happy, busy and curious. She even slept there for over an hour!!! They said she loved playing outside (no surprise there) and she loved the tricycle. Emory is OBSESSED with bikes, tricycles or motorcycles currently. They moved into a different play area and Emory refused to leave the tricycle, so they let her bring it into the gravel, I imagine she had a more difficult time.
Here is just a silly video of her new laugh. We think she had to pick it up at MDO because it was not from either of us. She is watching an Elmo video (super grover to be exact) and she loves it.

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I am so glad you all got in and that she did so well. TOo bad we are not there the same day.

Anonymous said...

hi Emory! You are growing up so
quickly. I cannot believe you are
going to preschool already. I am
glad you like bicyles, and tri-cyles. Have fun on your playdays
with your friends. love grammy z