Thursday, June 10, 2010

Everyone is safe...

Wednesday morning started off like any other. Gabe got up, Emory got up, and we played. I got Gabe out of the swing for his nap and noticed some lights in our house were getting really bright, while others were flashing off. I also heard a hissing sound from our laundry room. I looked through our kitchen and saw sparks coming from the water heater. Already holding Gabe, I grabbed Emory (who was in the dinning room) and ran back to my bedroom to get clothes and when we went towards the door I looked towards the laundry room to see an orange glow and smoke. I called the fire department and they showed up in 4 minutes! I stood in front of my house, holding my babies, watching smoke pour out of my house. Grant came home and we have been nonstop ever since.

So here is what my house looks like now....
The kitchen is by far the worst.
Where out kitchen table use to be...
Doorway and wall by the kitchen table going into the dinning room...
The baby swing was on the wall near the kitchen table and it is totally melted. I must have been scared and in a hurry because the swing is still moving and its melted so you cant turn it off.
One of the walls in our living room. The blistering is from the heat of the fire.
Grant's pez collection took a major hit today. All of the valuable ones were destroyed and most of the others on display were also melted.
The bedrooms and bathrooms were not as damaged by the heat, but they do have the smoke and water damage. Windows had to be broken to let out the smoke.
Even inside the closets are gross.
The beginning point of it all. You can see the black water heater and in the middle of the picture is the door to our garage. We will still don't know the exact cause but the investigators are working it all out.
We have had such an amazing out pour of love from family and friends. All your calls and emails are greatly appreciated and sorry if we haven't gotten back to you, but its just chaotic right now! We couldn't do anything without all the wonderful help we have had. Thank you so much to everyone. It' late and I'm going to try to sleep, but I will be posting more soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the pics of the pez collection make me want to cry for some reason. love you guys.