Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

We have had such a wonderful two weeks with both sets of grandparents in town to celebrate Christmas with us. Emory is completely overwhelmed with the gifts she has been given and hopefully it will keep her entertained with baby brother arriving soon.

Being from Nebraska, our idea of what the weather should be like for Christmas is different than what it is like in Dallas most years, but this year did not disappoint. Christmas Eve it started to snow! Now, it was not the real snow storms we remember from our childhoods, but just enough to make us very happy. And nothing brings me as much joy and seeing my daughter love the cold weather like I do, I took Emory out for some pictures and she was so happy.
Christmas Eve night we went to a local children's service, which Emory loved. I thought it was well overdue to have a pregnancy picture, so here is my 35 week shot. Thanks so much Jeri for the adorable sweater dress!
Emory received so many amazing things this year, and we are so thankful to everyone, but I do have to specifically mention one that was a home run. Uncle Ryan and Aunt Jenny bought Emory some dress up shoes and earrings...... she LOVES them!!! She is constantly shaking her head while wearing them and comments about them to us. Way to go uncle and aunt!
Emory did not only receive gifts this year, she also wanted to be involved in the act of giving. What a selfless two year old, I know. So Christmas Eve night, Emory decided that she wanted to give her daddy the gift that keeps on giving................... a black eye.
Merry Christmas to all!
Love, the Dess Family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant! You have a knock out
Christmas! (We got a card like
that on our e mail.)
Emory you look so good in your
earrings, and high heels.
We have lots of snow, I hope you
will get to play in it next
Christmas.! love granny zz